As well as exceptional accommodation in fantastic holiday destinations, Firefly Holidays provides the best options for getting there and expanding your holiday experience – from ferries, cars and transfers to ski boots and Disney tickets. Matching travel dates to our flexible arrivals may allow you to go for longer or save even more money. Any travel services you add to your Firefly Holidays booking are protected by our holiday package guarantee, at no extra cost – which may not apply if booked separately.
Travel & Extras
Flights, Transfers & Car Hire
Many of our resorts are brilliantly served by low cost airlines from the UK and Ireland. Firefly Holidays offers a smart way to find lower total holiday costs, including flights, to France, Italy, Spain, Croatia, the Canaries and the Caribbean.
Many package operators claim to get you on the beach for less, but they often hide inflated flight prices and make the accommodation look cheaper. Of course, you can’t buy one without the other and actually end up paying more than you need. By booking your accommodation with us at the lowest genuine price and booking flights direct with the low-cost airlines (the very same flights the package operators charge more for), you can save enough to fund ice-creams, meals out or cocktails!
We can also provide private transfers and car hire through many of the leading providers – at the best prices available. Rather than being tied to a single company or fixed rates, we compare the best deals available for you at the time you want to book.
Travel Insurance which Gives you More
OK, so no one gets excited about travel insurance… But there are some real benefits for you, rather than just an extra cost you try to avoid. Having the security of a good insurance policy is essential and we will help you find the right insurance for your trip.
Thankfully, our insurance partners, Voyager Travel Services, DO get excited about insurance! They’re long-established, award-winning travel insurance specialists offering reliable cover, advice and options you may not be aware of.
- Your travel insurance is valid once you pay for your holiday. So you may be protected if you encounter problems, even before your holiday starts.
- Buying multi-trip annual insurance can be far better value. And with an annual renewal, you never risk travelling uninsured
- If you’re hiring a car, you can get your own excess protection for far less than the expensive insurance hire companies try to push at their desks. Without this cover, you may be liable for an excess of £1000 or more. Whether you hire through us or someone else – please consider Voyager’s Car Rental Excess Protection
Firefly Holidays act as an Introducer Appointed Representative for Voyager Insurance Services Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Cross the Channel for Less!
Driving to many resorts can save money, time and hassle at every stage of your holiday. As well as being cheaper, there may be little difference in total travel time to reach ski resorts and Western France, particularly if you live in the South. You have more control of when you travel and with no baggage restrictions, your boot space is the only limit to what you can pack. Take more of what you want from home and save on what you need to buy while you’re away.
Our partnerships with the major cross-channel operators allow us to find you the best routes and prices. But there are more advantages than just the convenience of a ‘one stop shop’…
- Comprehensive and open choices of routes and operators – Eurotunnel, P&O Ferries and Brittany Ferries destinations across Calais, Normandy, Brittany, Holland and Spain
- The same price or better than booking direct with the crossing operators for exactly the same services
- Full protection for your whole holiday, including your crossing, as part of our holiday package guarantee
|Folkestone – Calais||Up to 4 per hour||35 mins|
Cross the channel in 35mins with Eurotunnel
Eurotunnel offers the fastest way to get your car on the road in France. With up to 4 departures each hour, motorway to motorway access and a ‘turn up and drive on’ approach if you arrive within 2 hours of your scheduled time, Eurotunnel is fast and flexible to fit with your travel plans.
A ticket covers 1 vehicle and up to 9 passengers and of course there are no baggage restrictions or fuel supplements!
Value Guaranteed P&O Ferries
P&O Ferries offer a regular and fast and frequent service. Modern, comfortable ships. Chance to eat in the on board ‘Brasserie’ or treat yourself in the Club Class Lounge. Stretch legs and get some fresh air. Great way to break the journey. Great on board shops with prices lower than the High Street.
|Dover – Calais||23 per day||90 mins|
|Hull – Rotterdam||Nightly – overnight||11/12 hrs|
|Hull – Zeebrugge||Nightly – overnight||13/14 hrs|
|Portsmouth – Le Havre||Up to 2 per day
(usually overnight from UK)
|3 hrs 45 mins|
|Portsmouth – Caen||3 per day||6 hrs day / 7-8 hrs overnight|
|Portsmouth – Cherbourg||Up to 2 per day||3 hrs|
|Portsmouth – St Malo||1 per day
(usually overnight from UK)
|9 hrs day / 11 hrs overnight|
|Poole – Cherbourg||1 per day||4 hrs 15 mins|
|Plymouth – Roscoff||Up to 2 per day||6 hrs day / 8 hrs overnight|
|Cork – Roscoff||1 per week||14/15 hrs overnight|
|Portsmouth – Bilbao||Up to 2 per week||Approx 35 hrs|
|Portsmouth – Santander||Up to 2 per week||Approx 24 hrs|
|Plymouth – Santander||1 per week||Approx 24 hrs|
|* Overnight sailings require all passengers to be berthed (in cabins or seated)|
Take it Easier with Brittany Ferries
Brittany Ferries offer a fantastic choice of crossings into Normandy, Brittany and the Basque region of Spain. Whether you take a 3 hour Fast Craft crossing to Cherbourg to get to the West of France as quickly as possible, or relax and enjoy the adventure of a full day’s sail across the Bay of Biscay to Santander, the on board experience will be a full part of your holiday.
- Range of accommodation types from deluxe cabins with TV, DVD player and mini bar to pet friendly cabins.
- Choose between formal dining or self-service restaurants or cafes
- Children entertainers and live entertainment for adults
- On board duty free shopping including spirits, wine and champagnes, tobacco, perfumes and cosmetics
- Spa treatment rooms available on Pont-Aven and Cap Finistère (to/from Spain)
- Play facilities for young children, games rooms for teenagers and fun for all
- Brittany Ferries économie offers simple yet comfortable service – great value for money but with limited facilities.
Comfortable Overnight Stops
With access to all the major hotel networks, and plenty of independent ones too, we can find perfect places for you to break your journey. Whether you need a quick overnight stop or fancy taking a little more time to explore along your route, we can add excellent accommodation at fantastic value.
Have your lift passes ready and waiting
In many resorts we can have your lift passes ready and waiting at your accommodation, so you don’t miss a minute on the slopes. Our prices are the same or better than than the local ticket offices and you can avoid currency or card charges by paying Sterling prices before you travel. Check with us for additional discounts and offers on selected weeks of the season.
Save on Ski Equipment Hire
In partnership with Skiset, we offer extra discounts on ski and snowboard gear from the very best brands. Many of our residences have Skiset hire shops within their complexes, or conveniently close by. Skiset provide expert fitting and helmets for all children up to age 13, and have some fantastic online deals, with discounts of up to 50% on shop prices. Even better; if you book through Firefly Holidays, we can guarantee a further 5% saving, in addition to any Skiset discount!